Every wash day, I really like the sensation of water flowing by my hair and the way my scalp goes from being clogged with build-up to feeling model new. My hair goes from being a greasy mess to gentle and fluffy. I really like the end result of wash days and water has a giant half to play in it.
I usually have flashbacks although, to these days when most wash days went unsuitable as soon as I poured water on my hair. And I’m positive most of us grew up listening to tales of how water is dangerous for our hair and we wanted to avoid it, frankly it appears true as a result of usually in these day my hair getting drenched with water would lead to it trying frizzy and feeling brittle. So………on this hair care life we now have chosen is water our buddy or a foe.
Short reply, It’s a little bit of each. But please learn the lengthy reply under.
Water As A Friend
- As I discussed above, water is without doubt one of the key components of wash day. You can’t wash your hair completely or take away deep conditioner with out it. No water no clear and conditioned hair.
- Water is a necessary ingredient in any deep conditioning or go away in conditioning product. Water is required to moisturise hair and merchandise that don’t comprise water frankly won’t be able to infuse moisture into our hair strands.
- The ongoing battle many people combat with dryness and breakage can’t be defeated with out the repeated use of water wealthy merchandise in between wash days. So water needs to be launched into our hair frequently for wholesome (properly preserved) hair and for size retention (longer hair).
Water As A Foe
- Water could be a locking agent.
Water can tighten knots and tangles in our hair so severely that chopping out the knots and tangles is the most suitable choice. Even if extreme knotting could be untangled, lots of breakage and harm to the hair fibre will likely be sustained within the course of. This tightening of knots and tangles tends to occur throughout the washing and rinsing steps on wash days. The stress of the water flowing by hair will tighten the knots or matted hair. It may also encourage shed hairs not eliminated earlier than washing to wrap across the non-shed hair creating new tangles. This is why so many of us have stepped out of the bathe with locs we didn’t plan on creating.
This is a key purpose why hair ought to be properly detangled and shed hair eliminated earlier than washing. I suppose a second tip is to ease up on the water stress. Prior to my hair journey I by no means detangled earlier than washing and it all the time resulted in excessive ranges of breakage. For some purpose I believed water stress would one way or the other detangle my hair and that any shed hair would simply glide out. Don’t be me.
- Now this one is a favorite of so many women. We hear all day each day that water is vital for wholesome hair, that water is the very best moisturiser, that water is the be all and finish all of what our hair wants (okay I ‘am exaggerating a lil)……so I perceive why many women merely use water alone as a moisturiser.
In as a lot as water is a key facet of moisturising our hair, water alone is just not on the proper the PH degree for use as a leave-in moisturising product. Using water alone will lead to puffy, frizzy and fewer manageable hair. It may also enhance the danger of tangling. Good high quality moisturising merchandise will certainly have water as the primary elements however will comprise different elements and be formulated in order that its PH is on the best degree that can go away the outer layer of hair extra compacted than what water alone would. This will lead to smoother, higher moisturised and more healthy trying hair which is simpler to handle.
In this case, it’s the incorrect use of water that’s the downside.
- Exposure to the unsuitable type of water will result in environmental harm (until right steps are taken to stop harm). Hard water, chlorinated water and mineral wealthy water could cause lots of harm. I’ve written posts about this which you’ll learn by clicking right here.
I hope this put up has been helpful. In abstract water could be a buddy or foe however which it will likely be is as much as you.
** Image from Pintrest