Ask me and I’ll swear up and down that I crave selection in my weight-reduction plan. Feed me a plate of Instant Pot Chicken Enchiladas, nevertheless, and I’ll insist that I by no means need to eat something apart from Mexican meals ever once more.
Enchiladas are a recipe I may make each week. In addition to being a member of the illustrious Tex-Mex style—a meals household that I by no means develop sporting of cooking or consuming (Instant Pot Enchilada Casserole, Taco Pasta, Mexican Stuffed Peppers, Instant Pot Refried Beans, Crockpot Stuffed Peppers, and Mexican Shrimp being however a couple of late examples)—enchiladas are straightforward to make, style improbable leftover, and will be made wholesome with a couple of easy swaps that don’t sacrifice their taste.
Although enchiladas are well-established right here—my grammy’s Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas have been the primary recipe I ever posted, and we’ve had enchilada spinoffs starting from low carb Zucchini Enchiladas, to Vegetarian Enchiladas with butternut squash, to even VEGAN Enchiladas (shockingly good)—it lately caught my consideration that I didn’t have a primary, red-sauce hen enchilada recipe.
Today is the day!
Ever since making these Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken Tacos, I’ve change into such a fan of cooking hen within the Instant Pot. It’s utterly hands-free and the hen comes out completely moist each time. It’s additionally straightforward to customise the hen with completely different spices.
You can set the hen cooking within the Instant Pot, then tidy your kitchen and prep your enchilada toppings whilst you look ahead to it to complete.
Better but, make a batch of this 15 minute selfmade crimson enchilada sauce. Certainly you may make these Instant Pot hen enchiladas with canned sauce, however when you style this from-scratch model (and concurrently uncover how fast it truly is to make), you gained’t need to return.
This is the Instant Pot that I personal and love—it might be price investing in simply to make shredded hen (and I’ve a whole information to all the things it is advisable to know to prepare dinner excellent Instant Pot hen too).
The filling for these Instant Pot hen enchiladas is simple to scale, so be at liberty to double up. The leftover hen freezes superbly and can be utilized for extra recipes that enchiladas. Be certain to take a look at a couple of of the enjoyable concepts I’ve for you under.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Enchiladas
These wholesome hen enchiladas are a complete snap. Season and sear the hen, add your enchilada sauce, and also you’re virtually finished!
- Chicken. I used boneless, skinless hen breasts, which we at all times have available. You additionally may make this recipe with hen thighs.
- Spices. Cumin and chili powder are the star Mexican spices right here.
- Red Enchilada Sauce. The hen strain cooks within the sauce, for max Mexican taste.
- Greek Yogurt. My secret to creating creamy Instant Pot hen enchiladas which are nonetheless fairly wholesome. With its velvety texture and light-weight tang, Greek yogurt makes this recipe style just like Instant Pot bitter cream hen enchiladas, but it surely’s decrease in energy and better in protein.
- Monterey Jack Cheese. In our home, it’s not enchiladas except there may be cheese! This lighter recipe makes use of a average quantity, however you’ll nonetheless really feel absolutely happy. Feel free to strive pepper jack should you’d prefer to make the enchiladas spicy.
- Corn Tortillas. The traditional tortilla for hen enchiladas. Heat them first for one of the best taste.
- Season the hen, rubbing to coat.
Set the Instant Pot to SAUTE and add the oil. Add the hen and let sear till browned on all sides, then take away it to a plate.
Turn off your Instant Pot, and add a splash of water, utilizing a picket spoon to scrape up any stuck-on bits of meals. Return the hen to the pot and high with a part of the enchilada sauce.
Cook on guide (excessive) strain for eight minutes, venting instantly afterwards. Remove the hen, then flip the Instant Pot to saute. Simmer the cooking liquid till thickened.
- Shred the hen and heat the tortillas within the oven
Place the hen again into the Instant Pot and stir to coat with the sauce. Add inexperienced onions, yogurt, and cheese.
Fill the tortillas with the hen combination, roll to shut to type the enchiladas, and prepare the enchiladas in a baking dish. Add the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese excessive.
Bake till scorching and bubbly, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle remaining inexperienced onions excessive, and serve with toppings. ENJOY!
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchiladas Verde. Swap inexperienced enchilada sauce for the crimson enchilada sauce. For bonus verde taste, stir 1 (4-ounce) can of diced inexperienced chilis into the hen filling.
- White Chicken Enchiladas. Check out my Butternut Squash Spinach Enchiladas, which have a white sauce. You may add shredded hen to this butternut squash filling should you like.
More Ways to Use Instant Pot Enchilada Chicken
- Enchilada Chicken Rice Bowls. Top a bowl of white or brown rice with the enchilada hen, Instant Pot Black Beans, veggies, and a few avocado for a straightforward and attractive meal.
- Enchilada Chicken Quesadillas. Add the hen, Monterey Jack cheese, and your alternative of veggie in a quesadilla.
- Enchilada Chicken Nachos. For the last word social gathering meals, serve the hen on high of tortilla chips with cheese, corn, black beans, or no matter different toppings you get pleasure from.
- The Best Smothered Fries. Use this hen to make next-level Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Sweet Potato Fries.
Make Ahead and Storage Tips
- To Store. Place leftovers in an hermetic storage container within the fridge for as much as Three days.
- To Reheat. Gently reheat enchiladas in a baking dish that’s loosely coated with foil within the oven at 350 levels F till warmed by means of. You can even rewarm this recipe within the microwave till scorching.
- To Freeze. Store leftover enchiladas or shredded hen in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container within the freezer for as much as Three months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
- To Make Ahead. These enchiladas will be assembled and saved unbaked within the fridge for as much as 1 day or frozen for as much as Three months. Add the crimson sauce and tacky topping proper earlier than baking so that they don’t change into mushy. If the enchiladas are frozen, allow them to thaw within the fridge in a single day first.
Recommended Tools for Making This Recipe
- Instant Pot. Using the Instant Pot makes cooking the hen really easy!
- Baking Dish. This baking dish is gorgeous and completely sized for this recipe.
- Measuring Cups. I really like that these are microwave-safe and dishwasher-safe.
- Instant Read Thermometer. The greatest, most correct technique to decide in case your hen is completed cooking.
If your home loves Mexican meals as a lot as ours does, then I think you’ll need these Instant Pot hen enchiladas in your common menu too.
If you strive the recipe, please depart a remark, and should you loved it, a 5-star score too! This is so useful and significant to me. Thank you!
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Enchiladas made with enchilada sauce, cheese, and Greek yogurt instead of bitter cream. Creamy, flavorful, and a household favourite!
- 1 ½ kilos boneless skinless hen breasts* — (about Three breasts)
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon floor cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon additional virgin olive oil — divided
- ½ cup water
- 2 ½ cups selfmade crimson enchilada sauce — or 2 10-ounce cans enchilada sauce, divided
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3 tablespoons canola oil or nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small bunch of inexperienced onions — chopped, divided
- half of cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt — plus further for serving
- 1 half of cups shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar jack cheese — divided
- For serving: chopped contemporary cilantro — sliced avocado, sliced jalapeno, something you want!
Season either side of the hen with the chili powder, cumin salt, and pepper and rub to coat.
Set the Instant Pot to SAUTE and add the oil. Once scorching and shimmering, add the hen breasts in a single layer. Sear on all sides for 2-Three minutes, simply till brown (the hen doesn’t must be cooked by means of). Remove to a plate and put aside.
Turn the Instant Pot OFF. Splash the water into the pot and with a picket spoon or rubber spatula, scrape up any stuck-on bits of meals. Return the hen to the pot, then pour a beneficiant ½ cup of enchilada sauce (that’s about half of a 10-ounce can) excessive of the hen.
Lock the lid in place. Cook on guide (excessive) strain for eight minutes. As quickly because the time is up, vent instantly. Carefully open the lid. Check the hen for doneness. It ought to register 165 levels F on an immediate learn thermometer (if it’s not finished, reseal and prepare dinner an extra 1 to 2 minutes as wanted; I discover that if the hen is at 160 levels F, protecting it and letting it relaxation for a couple of minutes will convey it to temperature.) Remove the hen to a plate. Turn the Instant Pot to saute and convey the cooking liquid to a simmer. Let simmer till the liquid thickens and reduces by roughly half, about 5 minutes, stirring periodically.
Shred the hen, both with two forks on the plate or place the entire breasts again into the Instant Pot after the sauce has thickened and use a hand mixer on low pace to shred it instantly within the Instant Pot.
While the hen cooks, put together the tortillas. Place racks within the higher and decrease thirds of your oven and preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Divide the tortillas between two baking sheets, arranging them in a single layer. Brush the tops of the tortillas flippantly with oil or them spray with nonstick spray. Flip and repeat on the opposite sides. Bake on the higher and decrease racks, simply till the tortillas are heat and pliable, about Three minutes. Stack the tortillas on a plate and canopy with foil to maintain heat. Move a rack to the middle of the oven and depart the oven heated.
Place the shredded hen again into the Instant Pot (if it’s not added already) and stir to coat with the sauce. Stir in half of the inexperienced onions, the Greek yogurt, and three/Four cup Monetary Jack cheese.
Spoon about half of cup of the remaining enchilada sauce (or the second half of the 10-ounce can) right into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and unfold into a skinny, even layer. Fill every tortilla with a heaping 1/Four cup of the hen filling, roll to shut, then place it at one finish of the pan, seam-side down. Repeat with the remaining tortillas, lining them down the pan as you go (you can also tuck some enchiladas alongside the edges if they do not all match down the middle). Pour the remaining 1 ¼ cups enchilada sauce (or the remaining 10-ounce can) excessive of the tortillas. Sprinkle with the remaining 3/Four cup Monetary jack cheese.
Bake the enchiladas till warmed by means of and the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining inexperienced onions excessive. Serve scorching with desired toppings.
- TO STORE: Place leftovers in an hermetic storage container within the fridge for as much as Three days.
- TO REHEAT: Gently reheat enchiladas in a baking dish within the oven at 350 levels F till warmed by means of. You can even rewarm this recipe within the microwave till scorching.
- TO FREEZE: Store leftover enchiladas or shredded hen in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container within the freezer for as much as Three months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
- TO MAKE AHEAD: These enchiladas will be assembled and saved unbaked within the fridge for as much as 1 day or frozen for as much as Three months. Add the crimson sauce and tacky topping proper earlier than baking so they do not change into mushy.
- *To use hen thighs: scale back the Instant Pot prepare dinner time to six minutes.
Course: Main Course
Keyword: creamy hen enchiladas, Easy Instant Pot Recipe, wholesome hen enchiladas, immediate pot mexican hen, mexican immediate pot recipe
Amount per serving (1 enchilada (with out toppings)) — Calories: 241, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 49mg, Potassium: 291mg, Carbohydrates: 17g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 19g, Vitamin A: 543%, Vitamin C: 2%, Calcium: 142%, Iron: 1%
This put up comprises some affiliate hyperlinks, which signifies that I make a small fee off gadgets you buy at no further price to you.