This Keto Pumpkin & Prosciutto Pizza relies on my favourite pizza from our journey to Italy this summer season. It’s the right mix of chewy, creamy, salty, and barely candy – briefly, every little thing you’ve ever wished in an ideal slice of low carb pizza!
During our journey to Europe this summer season, we spent per week on the Amalfi coast in a captivating little city known as Ravello. Set excessive above the water, with unimaginable views and a plethora of retailers and eating places, it’s a vacation spot that I extremely suggest. Especially should you love pizza – and I do!
I plan to do a future submit on locations to remain and eat on the Amalfi coast that shall be just like the IBIH Santorini Vacation Travel Guide that I posted lately, so keep tuned for that.
Tragically, I don’t have the identify of the tiny native place the place we ate the pizza that impressed this Keto Pumpkin & Prosciutto Pizza anyplace in my journey notes, however I consider it was known as Giovanni’s, and it’s on a highway down the hill from the city sq..
If I discover extra particulars I’ll submit these in my journey information, however suffice it to say that this (and the opposite’s we ordered there as properly) was a few of the finest pizza I’ve ever had anyplace. We cherished it a lot that we went again a second time and ordered it once more. And as soon as we returned house, I knew I needed to make a keto model to share with you all.
So when you’ve got no quick plans to journey to Italy, do your self a favor and make this keto pumpkin & prosciutto pizza! Scratch that, even should you DO have plans to journey to Italy quickly, make this low carb pumpkin pizza anyway, and then you definitely’ll have one thing to match it to!
The basis of this keto pumpkin pizza is a fathead crust, made with mozzarella and almond flour. Once par-baked, I topped it with pumpkin puree seasoned with a touch of nutmeg and a few heavy whipping cream swirled in to make it even creamier. I took the freedom of including caramelized onions, which the Ravello model didn’t have – and I stand by that alternative.
Another liberty I took was to interchange the pancetta from the unique model with skinny slices of prosciutto, which is extra available for these of us not residing in Italy (YET ha ha.) Finally we completed with some contemporary mozzarella cheese, grated parmesan, and naturally, contemporary basil leaves.
While no keto pizza goes to come back near the flavour and texture of a real Italian Neapolitan fashion pizza, this keto pumpkin & prosciutto is a SOLID effort, that was scrumptious not solely contemporary and scorching, but in addition chilly straight outta my fridge. In truth, I’m on the fence about which manner I preferred consuming this low carb pizza extra.
I’ll simply need to make it once more so I can do extra testing. And I’m fairly certain no person in my home goes to be mad about it after I do.
As with any fathead dough pizza, you can be baking this keto pizza crust with out the toppings first, then you definitely’ll throw them on and bake simply till the cheese is melted and every little thing is scorching.
Then excessive 5 your self for the way superior your keto pizza recreation is. 🙌🏻
Keto Pumpkin & Prosciutto Pizza Recipe Notes
Since I do know a few of you’ll ask, sure, this low carb pizza lends itself properly to substitutions! Here are a number of prospects:
You can simply swap in shredded mozzarella for the contemporary mozzarella if that’s what you’ve gotten readily available or choose.
Instead of prosciutto, you should utilize bacon, pancetta, and even sage flavored sausage for the meat. Or omit the meat altogether to make this keto pizza vegetarian.
You can substitute butternut squash for the pumpkin.
If you’re an onion hater, you may omit the onions, however I shall be unhappy as a result of the sweetness they add makes this rather well balanced, and with out the onions I feel it is going to be missing one thing.
If you’re not keto or gluten free, you may make this pumpkin & prosciutto pizza on common pizza crust – or make a keto model for you and a non-keto model for household and associates.
This Keto Pumpkin & Prosciutto Pizza has a mozzarella cheese and almond flour “fathead” crust, and combines creamy, chewy, salty, candy toppings that can make it your new pizza obsession! Gluten free and low carb too!
For the pizza crust:
- 2 cups shredded half skim mozzarella cheese
- Three ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husk powder
- 1 half of cups almond flour
For the toppings:
- 1/Three cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/Eight teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- half of cup sliced onions
- half of teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/four teaspoon floor black pepper
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- Eight ounces contemporary mozzarella
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil to garnish
To make the pizza crust:
- Preheat the oven to 400 levels Fahrenheit.
- Place the shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a microwave protected bowl.
- Microwave, uncovered, on excessive, for 1 – 2 minutes, or till the cheese is totally melted.
- Remove from the microwave and stir with a spatula till the cheeses are mixed.
- Add the egg, psyllium husk powder, and almond flour to the cheese combination.
- Stir properly with the spatula or a fork, till a stiff dough is fashioned.
- In a parchment paper-lined pan, press the dough out right into a 12 – 14 inch circle or oval (relying in your pan dimension.). Your crust ought to be about 1/four inch thick.
- Bake the crust within the oven for 8 – 10 minutes, or till golden brown and agency to the contact.
To prep the toppings:
- Combine the pumpkin puree, heavy whipping cream, and nutmeg in a small bowl and blend properly. Set apart.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium warmth.
- Add the butter, onions, salt, and pepper to the new pan.
- Cook, stirring often, for about 10 minutes, or till the onions are golden brown and smooth.
To assemble the pizza:
- Spoon the pumpkin combination over the pre-baked mozzarella crust, and unfold barely, it’s okay if the crust isn’t fully coated.
- Sprinkle the pizza evenly with the caramelized onions, and pour any remaining juice from the pan excessive of the crust.
- Break the prosciutto slices into bite-sized items and scatter over the onion layer.
- Slice or tear the mozzarella into small items and place evenly excessive.
- Return to the pizza to the oven for 3 – 5 minutes, or till the cheese has melted.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and high with shredded parmesan and contemporary basil leaves.
- Slice and serve.
- Store leftover pizza in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as one week.
Approximate internet carbs per serving = 5g
- Category: Keto pizza
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: italian
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 457
- Fat: 36g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 27g
Keywords: keto pizza recipe, low carb pizza recipe, Keto Pumpkin pizza
Love Italian Food? Who doesn’t?!?! If you thought you had to surrender Italian meals and pizza on keto, you couldn’t be extra mistaken!!! Here’s an inventory of the 140 finest Keto Italian meals recipes which might be all tremendous low carb and nonetheless scrumptious!